Don't think any of us slept as well as we should have last night (it's now 6:15, and as I'm home again and working tomorrow bed is already sounding very attractive!).
Spent the morning pottering - suitcases to unpack etc (we didn't quite do everything yesterday). Mol got very busy, and Ma did a grand job sitting on the floor telling us where everything should go. By lunchtime it didn't look nearly as neat as last night, so we all (except poor Polo) headed for the local pub. Beer all round. Yorkshire puddings filled with yummy minced beef for everyone else, and a mixed grill for me - talk about meat overload, it was ginormous, just what I (but not my arteries) needed.
The phone and router are working. We've had to put them upstairs - although there is a phone jack in the hall in a perfect position, the only room with a phone jack anywhere within reach of a power supply is the spare room as far as I could find! They can play DVD or video, but not watch TV - because the satellite dish aerial cables came direct from the roof to the Humax box I can't connect it at the moment, not enough cables! I tried with Doms aerial cable as well but still nothing. Also connected their digibox using Doms' cable, but not a hint of anything. I did try connecting Doms' digibox, and did at least get some snow on the screen. It may be possible to do something with it, but as the instructions were the one thing not there I gave up in the end - they'll have to find somebody in Ashbourne. Until then, at least the DVD player is up and running! Not to mention the several thousand books that we've just broken our backs over.

No comments:
Post a Comment