This afternoon the level was 3.4m in Shardlow (1m higher than Sunday I think). At Trent Lock, just down the road towards Sawley & Long Eaton, one of the rivers that meets there is now at 4.8m. The road down to Sawley is closed.
The A38 has now reopened - there was a 17mi stretch closed from yesterday afternoon until lunch today.
The sliproad from the A50 down to the gravel pits is also closed. Always is. It curves back and goes under the A50, and they shut the gates when the puddle under the A50 gets too deep. Today the water has risen past the gates and most of the way up to the dual carriageway. I think the waters are supposed to be dropping now, so hopefully the A50 will stay open.
My last blog included shots identical to these first ones. Except that there was still a tiny bit of field to be seen here and there.
Levels are now well up here, almost to the windows.
There are usually horses grazing here!
You can see the Back Lane running under the A50 here, if you follow the street lamps - it's the bit with lights under the bridge - I doubt if a canoeist would fit under today.
The Back Lane has water right up to the Shardlow end.....
And the Chinese Restaurant is probably shut tonight!
Shardlow Marina off to the left.
After that I couldn't get a singe shot out of my camera so went home. If the sun shines tomorrow I may go back and have another try.
OK, time to go and roast my joint of pork. With mashed potato, mashed sweet potato, honey & mustard glazed baby carrots, broccoli and beans (all prepared the last time I did a roast and frozen!).
Mmmmmmmm










amazing! those poor people.
ReplyDeleteWe are very lucky here. I'm amazed that the death toll is as low as 4 according to the news.
ReplyDeleteThats a fair bit of water!
ReplyDeleteReal pain re your camera hope it is just a speck of dust in the wrong place.
Camera shop are going to swap around my lenses on their cameras & their lenses on mine & see what we can find! Day out for me on Friday. Trying to remember, which lens did I have fitted when it began doing it on that last day? I thought it was the big one, which is bad news, but couldn't get that lens to do it yesterday.
Delete