Sunday, 9 October 2016

A Raptorous Day....

Moorland shoot yesterday.  We had 4 birds - a eurasian eagle owl, a buzzard, a peregrine & last but certainly not least a golden eagle.  The only one actually flown was the last, this was mainly about portrait shots.  There were only 5 of us (plus Danny to run the show), so we got lots of advice on composition, settings etc.  Learned a lot.  Danny also told me that I'd definitely got the composition cracked.  And he remembered me from the deer day last year too, which I thought was quite impressive (he does a lot of deer days during the rutt).  He could have checked through paperwork before he saw us all of course, but he even remembered how naff the weather was - expecting it to be much better tomorrow!

These are my best shots of each.




I loved his furry looking feet



"Rousing"












My best attempt at backlight - there was just a little sun and the wings are rimmed with it









Good talons!

























Have to say, this is a bird that does "mean" really well!


1 comment: