Sunday, 25 June 2017

Lindisfarne

Had a change from Alnwick Garden with Mol, and headed over to Lindisfarne as the tides worked.

We visited the Heritage Centre, and enjoyed the exhibition about the Gospels.  The interactive book is rather good, letting you look at a lot of the illustrated pages - the carpet pages in particular.  There are a couple of tapestries and quilts that people have made of them, which of course was the inspiration fr the one I made Mol.  (Hers was the Preface carpet page, we didn't see one of that there.)

After lunch (crab filled rolls) in Pilgrims Coffee as usual we visited the Priory and the Church.  It was a very grey day, so none of the photos were really very good.  I played about with my fisheye lens a bit, and I tried turning some of them to black and white, and popping some of the colour.  Still nothing very fantastic really.

We also went for a short sit in our usual spot by the little harbour, but of course it wasn't as scenic as usual with the restoration work going on at the Castle, and it was a lot windier than we had expected.  So we didn't stay there long.


 



Mol taking a more relaxed view of photography!


 










1 comment:

  1. I do love the statue of him with his eider! You had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete