I have finally finished weeding out the hundreds of less exciting puffin shots from the Farnes, and have tweaked the best of them just a bit. Skies weren't fantastic this year, grey again mainly, but a few were quite nice. Although blue skies show them off the most dramatically, a bit of variety is nice, and I rather like the ones taken against the sea campion. (The yellow stuff, to save some of you looking it up.) The one I found preening was good too - he was right in the entrance to the little white lighthouse & compound, on the Inner Island (for the one of you who knows it) and very close, so I hardly needed to crop it even. By the time he'd done he looked a bit like Polo after she's rubbed herself against you, everything sticking up, but the 2 below were the ones that came out best. As for the first couple - not the world's greatest, but they make me think Flying Monkeys whenever I see them, so I included them anyway. (Think yellow brick road if you're struggling with that reference.)
Now that the rain has stopped again, and it's started drying out, I shall return to my woodrot in the conservatory. (Latest layer of filler should be pretty much dry under the tarp now, ready for another strip of protecting wood to be glued over the top before painting tomorrow. Half way through painting another of the frames when rain stopped play - if I get that one finished at least this afternoon that will be 3 out of 15 fully protected before the winter. Wow I hate DIY - the replacement next year - if I can get it arranged - will be uPVC for sure!!)















fabulous. I like pic no. 3 best.
ReplyDeleteYers, that's a lovely one. I find the next to last fascinating. He's almost doing a ballet movement with his wings!
ReplyDelete