Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Visiting piggies

I've had a lot of birdies through the last few days, so I thought it was time for a quick update.

While downloading today's shots, I found I had some still from the snox late in January, so here are a final couple of nice ones from that lot.






And then there's been the past couple of days.  My bullfinches have turned into dependable daily visitors again, visitors with very big mouths I have to say.  It seems there are 2 pairs in the area - I had all 4 in the garden together earlier in the week.  Here's just one of them....



And then this afternoon I had a pair of these.  As you can see, they were very keen on the suet.  I've had one sighting before, flitting round the trees and circling the lawn, but this is the first time I've seen more than one, or visiting the feeders.  Nice.




Went to the chiropractor again today.  So far hip completely unaffected by the steroid injection.  5 weeks now - back to the hospital next week.  Sophie has managed to shift my back just a tiny bit, but just doesn't have the weight.  So today they went for brute force and I saw 17 stone of Rob instead of 9 stone of Sophie.

Yep, that moved it.  I should think everybody in the building must have heard it go.

Back in a week to see how much difference it's made and how long the affects have lasted.  Rob said that I'd probably be ok for a couple of days and then my back might catch up with things.   I'm sure he said days.  He got that wrong.  Stiffening up nicely this evening.  Due in to work early tomorrow morning, but uncertain if I'll be there - will see how the night goes.  12 hours is a long time at a desk if it's bad.

3 comments: