Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Happy Easter!

A little late as I was working all weekend, but last night Ma and Mol and small furry one came to visit.  I had everything ready before they arrived - tea services out, table laid, veggies prepared, roast in the oven.....



We had tea in the conservatory, with my Easter simnel cake.




Then after drinks and nibbles (tortilla crisps with roasted red pepper & babganoush dips) moved on to the main event.


We had....

  • 3 bird roast (goose, duck and pheasant) with pork and cranberry stuffing
  • Baby boiled new potatoes
  • Roast parsnips
  • Steamed asparagus with butter
  • Steamed samphire with butter
  • Butternut squash baked with garlic and olive oil


And a cheeseboard to follow (cheddar, red leicester, wensleydale with cranberries, stilton & brie).

We then moved to the lounge, with espresso coffee (served in Grandma's and Grandpa's little coffee set) and praline filled bunnies.  (These may sound familiar Sarah, but don't worry - I'm keeping the ones you sent all to myself, I bought these just for last night!)

And spent the rest of the evening transported to Middle Earth, to see The Hobbit Pt.2 - The Desolation of Smaug.

He's a magnificent dragon!

This morning we saw a blackcap just after breakfast, and then while finishing tidying the kitchen, I had another visitor.






2 comments:

  1. It was fantastic - but I know today that I ate too much yesterday!! Thank you, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks wonderful! Great pic of Mollie with Polo.

    ReplyDelete