Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Birthday

I am at least blogging the current month.....

So this is happy birthday to me, with red rum and raspberry


There's white chocolate buttercream (with rum) between bottom and middle layers, and on top, and then rum filling between middle and top layers, and drizzled over.  And yes, it really was red.



Polo as usual made herself thoroughly at home.

An Odin of her very own



I coudn't persuade her to look at me with a nice forget me not frame!


The Hobbit Pt.2 - very exciting!

Sharing my chair


On my birthday I took everyone but Polo to Kirby Muxloe.  This was a new castle being built by the Hastings family - they lived in Ashby Castle, so in the same area.  He got his head chopped off by Richard III before it was finished, so it never was finished.  Frankly, there was some very bad behaviour, so I told people at the ticket desk that I was taking them on a charity day out.




Mother came up the main front of the castle with me


Mol went up the 1 remaining corner tower (lovely vaulting on the staircase)

I left them sitting in the middle while I prowled.... wondered how close I could get without them spotting me

.... answer was very close





2 comments:

  1. looks like a good time was had by all! Especially Polo. Though she would have enjoyed the castle ...

    ReplyDelete