Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Figgy Pudding

Today was obviously Stir Sunday, my diary was clearly wrong when it tried claiming it was Thursday.

The recipe was to make 3 puddings at once - using a 1/2 litre, a 1 litre and a 2 litre basin.  I had enough ingredients.  I had the 3 basins.  So I decided to go for it - after all, they're supposed to last in a cool dark cupboard for up to 12 months.

Most important ingredient - the figs!

Obviously the brandy comes a very close second, and I also added a sufficiency of Grand Marnier, because I felt it wasn't quite enough

Use your biggest mixing bowl it said..... Impressively the Kenwood mixer did cope with it

Before cooking


After cooking - the colour has definitely changed
Have left them safely wrapped, and will keep my fingers crossed until Boxing Day. Christmas dinner is a day late, I'm caught by work again.  Am getting away with just a half shift on the 25th, so shall be home for the traditional eggs benedict and bloody marys before opening presents.  Working Christmas afternoon (and all day 24th).  Got the night shift on Boxing Day booked off, so it will be turkey time, plenty to drink and then a good lie in, as I don't have to be in work on 27th until 7pm!


2 comments: