As you'll mostly be aware, Jane was most generous with her germs as well as her Silly Santa gifts in Prague, and gave me a Scottie mug, a Polo-shaped tin of shortbread and a bad cold. With lots of added extras including flu-like symptoms.
I cancelled Martin finishing the radiator off on Tuesday, ditto the chiropractor, ditto work. In fact ditto life that day. My hot water bottle burst and I retreated under a stack of duvets which I realised yesterday (when changing covers) was 25-tog worth.
Yesterday I was very woolly-legged, but today definitely improving.
On return home I scattered the entire contents of the suitcase round the hall looking for pills and my clock, so today I shall do something about clearing them up. I may even get as far as downloading photos from my camera. Plan is to give you a nice Prague blog (deleting any dubious evidence) before Easter, when I'm back in work again.
Martin hopefully coming round tomorrow to finish off (he needs to replaster the dining room wall & then rehang that radiator). Until then we can't get the dining room furniture back to normal. Which means I can't get into the sideboard. Which means no alcohol. I did rescue the gin & vodka when they started, but the vodka is gone & I've nothing to drink the gin with and anyway when feeling like this I need whisky!
By the way, the other great news is that a tug got the Danio safely off the Farnes yesterday. So although the Arctic conditions are killing off loads of seabirds fuel spillage isn't.
Glad you're feeling a little better!!
ReplyDeleteReally great about the Danio