I've been drip feeding the presents, as usual.
Sarah;s offerings came out my first weekend. I should have mentioned it before. I didn't take piccies (yet anyway) but the 2 boys have been almost inseperable from the bags. And Xanthe has had the earrings on reguarly. The bracelets have been on less, but then she does need help doing the clasp. As for the dachy keyrings, Xanthe's is now attached to her wallet; Hamish's is attached to the zi pull on the bag; and Cameron's is on hiis USB for school.
This weekend I got out the gifts from Ma and Mol. Xanthe hasn't had a chance to use her little Greek bag yet, but I won't be surprised if it's with us tomorrow - we're keeping the kids out of school for a couple of days (it is almost the end of the school year now anyway), and going on a hunt tomorrow to look for the mythical cassowary bird down at Etty Bay - that's where I failed to see it last time I was here; on Tuesday we're going on an early morning cruise on the Daintree, looking for crocs and stuff - we did it last time as well, and it was brillian, I just hope the rain does hold off! It keeps promising but not really delivering.
The boys have played table tennis half the weekend (when we adults didn't want to sit outside with drinks and monopolise the table space there). And inside we've been beetle mad - we've all played with them.
 |
| What about me? |
 |
| I want to play too! |
 |
| I think you can guess who won that particular game! |
Dad had been working on a sort of ground level tree house for the boys before I arrived. Yesterday he got it finished for them.
 |
| Carpenter's mate |
Today I dug out a toy for Odin - it was definitely his turn. Both the toys I brought out are rope animals, and it turns out they'r very tough. They must be well stitched for a start, and without soft stuffing it was much harder to destroy. This is apparently the first toy that has lasted more than 5 minutes, and so the children decided he should be named. He was going to be Roger the Racoon, but as decides to try that for himself on a regular basis with any convenient leg he can find, the decision became Ralph.
Ralph is still not dead tonight! Though I'm not sure there will be a lot left when we get home tomorrow evening.
 |
| We retreated under a table at first, just in case.... |
 |
| ....are you really sure this is mine? |
 |
| But he soon decided that he was safe with it |
 |
| Yay! |
 |
| Erm.... oops! |
 |
| Please pick it up for me.... again (turned out to be a favourite game) |
We got some rain at last today. A couple of friends came for lunch, with 2 of their daughters, so we let them use the pool. Nothing in there was going to kill them, it just sn't as niice as it should be. Thunder was beginning to rumble around when they left, so I took a quick hop in myself to cool down, before we saaw any lightning and I needed to keep away.
And we did get some rain! Not as much as wanted, but more than just a sprinkling. Thunder is still rumbling around now (9:30pm) and I'm sure I can still hear some rain over the sound of the ceiling fans. It has certainly brought the temperature and humidity down, it feels much fresher out at last.
 |
| Clouds building up |
 |
| Rain! |
Glad it was all such a success.Odin is so gorgeous - and the tree house will be fun for them.
ReplyDelete