The dresser is now done, with end panels, doors and shelves in. Oak shelves will run across the large gap, but depending how we choose to support them, they'll probably need to go up after the tiling. (One option is to use tiles to support the shelf, but I think we'll be going for large brackets.)
The sink is plumbed in and I can use the dishwasher again.
And the gas-safe plumber came on Friday afternoon and did a very neat job, so I can use that again.
I've spent this weekend filling cupboards. We won't need to disturb any of the base units or the dresser again, so no problem filling those. Unfortunately Martin needs to work on some other jobs after this week, and we certainly won't finish the tiling, so I decided to go ahead and fill the wall units too. I'll have to take stuff out again when we're ready to put up pelmets and cornices, but as that could be some weeks away I just got on with it. It's been chaos, though a couple of bottles of good ale have helped.
There's certainly a lot less in the conservatory now.
And so tonight I'm doing my first proper cook.
Tomorrow we'll put on the last few fascias and then get on with tiling the floor.










the end is in sight - it's going to be amazing!
ReplyDeleteGreat!
ReplyDelete