First thing we sorted was the oven housing - it's now working and I heated the pain au chocolat in it this morning.
And then at the same time that Martin returned from lunch, the worktops arrived. Yay! We discovered that (a) I can't help Martin get a full length into the kitchen - way too heavy, and (b) it does need to be a proper router for most of the cuts, as a jig saw isn't quite neat enough. We experimented with the first length and got it cut for the rear wall. It needs a bit of tidying up still, but as it will be sealed in against a cabinet it doesn't matter that it's a bit rough. Martin has arranged for a mate of his - Pete, he's a joiner, I've met him before as he helped Martin with the leak over my garage - to come on Monday & Tuesday to help, so hopefully they'll be fully done then.
Ma, Mol and Polo came to view again yesterday, and this time we didn't have to resort to take away! It's feeling useable again. The new worktop still needs a proper polish. A little spilt coleslaw (they're mucky feeders) has actually left marks, which rather stunned me.
This morning we unloaded some of the boxes, as the larder won't need to be disturbed again.
![]() |
| Easy to use Ma's dinner service now! |







She's not exaggerating! It's going to be fabulous!
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing already! I shan't be able to visit - the envy will kill me.
ReplyDelete