There were 6 of us altogether, and as you can see we all looked wonderful.
We described ourselves as Mike and his harem. Louisa's husband (short black dress) should have been there as well, but he decided he didn't feel up to it - had a bit of a cold.... His loss. The food wasn't the best, but the music was great, there was dancing while we ate, and there was a casino where you played for mock money (for charity) - I did pretty well at the poker, and Vanessa guessed well on the roulette, but Mike lost all our "money" in no time at all when we moved on to black jack. There were also balloons in all the crackers. I have severely censored the pictures for the purpose of the blog, I'll leave most of it to your imaginations. You probably won't be far wrong. (Doms, you'll find the more interesting ones on Facebook later!)
We drank far more than usual, and didn't surface until gone 11 this morning. The taxi got us home a little before 2, and it was almost 4 before I crawled towards my inflatable mattress, so that wasn't really at all surprising.
And then I opened the calendar. Dancer joined us today, with a red stripy rug and mistletoe and a serious eye for Dasher.
I managed to marzipan the cake yesterday afternoon before heading out, and I've iced it since getting back. A couple of days to harden and then I shall get it decorated. No photos until we cut it, because it's to be a surprise for those who get to eat it. Which will be next Friday, with champagne, after lunch out at the local hotel.






disappointing not to see Louisa's husband in his short black dress. your hat compliments the dress beautifully - a must for the next cruise.
ReplyDeleteQuite agree with Sarah! Sounds a great bash. Glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete