Thursday, 20 December 2012

20

Today the weather vane has appeared, to help Santa co-ordinate his take-off properly.  Naturally Santa doesn't have a cock or a ship on his.


We got all the decorations up yesterday.  The tree looks great, and it's always nice to find some of the old stuff buried in the boxes.  As well as a few of the ones we bought when we were at 87 I've kept a box of some of the really old ones.  The fish and the glass apple dating back to the 1930s are the best, and go on the tree every year.

A few new ones this year - a whopper from Norway (not silver or gold, but it was the one I liked the most - it isn't actually in the photos because I forgot to get it out until later), and a lovely heavy flat glass hand painted tree from Iceland.  I should have found me a silver roo or something from down under, missed an opportunity there.




I've packed them all off back to Parwich now, and shall follow when I've had a shower, and maybe done some of the cake decoration.  Sarah is on the road up - hope she drives carefully, foul weather - but I shall be heading home tonight.  Need a quiet night with no morning disturbances to help recover from the 4 night shifts  They're all over for lunch out tomorrow.

1 comment: