Had a good day today, although there isn't a lot to show for it.
First thing we did was get the inner frame of the extractor up and levelled.
Next thing was to put the top coat on the ceiling. While I did the end wall Martin started prepping to do the oven housing. Then I moved up to that end and Martin plumbed in the radiator on the wall of the larder. I'm delighted to be able to say that while the radiator is getting nice and toastie, the larder isn't - the bacofoil between the 2 panels is working a treat and you can hardly feel it. The ceiling is now in a silk finish. Not a lot of difference as it's still white, but the downlights now leave lovely patterns reflecting in it. We'll check tomorrow that I've got it everywhere - putting white on white it's vey hard to see if it's done properly.
After lunch we got to work on the oven housing. This has 2 decor end panels cladding it, and getting them perfectly lined up with the existing wall and base cabinets AND the oven housing was very time consuming. But after a fair amount of work altering the height of the base units next to it we got it all on. That radiator is now fitted and plumbed in as well, and is nice and toastie too.
Chrome fittings do cost rather more than copper piping and white valves, but definitely worth it.
The bar stools arrived today - got 1 assembled.
Nice.
Martin has to get Jean to the hospital around 9:00 tomorrow for another eye appointment, so I get a lie in. Whoopee! Of course, with my luck that means the missing work tops will turn up at around 7am.... Fingers crossed nearer lunchtime.
There is now rather less cluttering up the lounge, Polo will be most relieved tomorrow night.





We can't wait! It's all so beautiful!!
ReplyDelete