We started the morning by taking a bit of plaster off in the upper corner where the wall cabinets would be fitting, so that the tiles will fit. Time consuming, boring and looks as if there's nothing to show for it. I shut Polo out to her great disgust - a bit of sawdust is ok, plaster dust is another matter So the visitors went home....
Once the wall was sorted we finished hanging the wall cabinets. By lunchtime it was looking pretty good.
We got started on the base cabinets after lunch. I had to leave early to get to the hospital (my gynae appointment - I'm pleased to be able to inform you I got the all clear; the biopsy was normal & the photos of the womb showed no abnormalities; if it keeps erratic they may need to give me additional progesteron - more pills, goodie). When I left it looked like this.......
When I got back it looked like this.....
I have put a couple of essentials in them, but so far have been very restrained - we'll need to get into the cabinets later to install cornices above and pelmets below and worktops. If I ever get them. Wickes changed supplier last year, not sure if I said. And my order vanished. And Dass is not having much luck getting worktops from them in a hurry. Martin is suggesting I cancel that order and get the same elsewhere. We'll decide next week!




We couldn't see - are there tiles now at the back of the glass window cabinet? You got a nice lot done despite the difficulties.
ReplyDeleteI like the look. DIdn't realise they were on little stilts - that would be piggy heaven.
ReplyDelete