Saturday, 11 January 2014

Kitchen - Day 6

We seem to have not too much to show for yesterday, but it was a long day.  Central heating day.  Removing the radiators was easy - capping off pipes, extending the pipework for new radiator an repositioning one of those we took off is far harder.  For a start, you have to turn the heating off and drain down the system.

Then able to relocate the large dining room radiator into the rather cold dormer room that Polo sleeps in when visiting.


Much toastier now.  We capped off the 2 previous rad locations, and extended the pipework to the new positions.




Doesn't look a lot to show does it?  It was well after 8pm by the time we had the heating back on and the system bed.  (Ma, Mol and Polo were getting very cold and hungry in the lounge by this time.  Well, Polo ate while waiting, but the others had to wait for pizza take out much later!)

We did get interrupted for half an hour or so by the electrician coming to spec the job.  He insists we need fire rated downlights, not the ones I bought (with Martin's approval).  Don't know if I'll be able to return them - that's tomorrow's problem.  We have rejected his suggestion of nice ones at around £11 a light.  After all, there will be around 20.  Screwfix has some nice ones for around £3.50 each Martin says - sounds much more me!  Also refused to contemplate his fancy type of lights as I already have £120 worth of LED bulbs with a nice standard socket - exactly the same as all the spot lights in halls, stairs, study etc.  He thinks I need really bright harsh white lighting for a kitchen, but we're going for what they call "warm white" - lower wattage and a more yellow light.  After all, mine isn't a white appliance antiseptic kitchen, but a nice warm wood and brushed steel kitchen, with a dining half.

I now plan on spending the rest of the weekend with my feet up, mainly in front of the TV.  I have a nice Lush bath bomb that I'll fizz up in a bit, and who knows - I may even get round to looking at some of my Russia photos!  Most of the Moscow ones haven't even had a first flip through yet.

Oh yes, alcohol will probably also feature.


2 comments:

  1. Make sure the Lush bomb does not get in your eyes - Tish used one once and ended up in A&E as when it fizzed in the water some of it got in her eyes and started to fizz there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might add that I sleep in that room too! And it was much toastier - a real difference. The pizza was worth waiting fort!

    ReplyDelete